Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My World, Falling Apart

September 11, 2001 was a day I will never forget, where I was and what I was doing. I was junior in high school sitting in home economics class when the loud speaker came on overhead to inform myself and fellow classmates that our country was under attack! Our world has never been the same since. Every year thousands of people I didn't even know are honored, and will continue to be honored and remembered.


September 11, 2012 yet another day I will never forget what I was doing. . .that evening as I pulled into my driveway, my dad calls me. He had surgery that friday just before and I knew he had a follow up appt that day, but the news I ws about to hear was so overwhelming! I answered the phone to hear my dads voice. He said he went to the doctors appt and that his biopsy results were back which were positive for CANCER!!! MY DAD HAS CANCER!!! I didn't even know what to say, my heart hurt, my stomach and head were spinning! My dad kept his cool (like always) and didn't have many answers other than they were coming down here to see an oncologist.

After hanging up the phone, my frustration, anger, sadness, confusion, and heartache came through! My whole world felt like it was falling apart. My Dad, Mom, Sister & I went to IU Hospital yesterday for answers, we really didn't get any, but have moved forward in the direction to answers. We all spent the day at the hospital while my Dad underwent a CT scan to make sure this cancer doesn't or hasn't spread to his lungs and a MRI to make sure the surgery my Dad had had gotten all of the cancer cells from his body. We are now waiting on results which should come back by the end of the week. I pray every night that things will turn out positive and that myself and the rest of our family can "keep it together" for my Dad, he needs all the support we can give him! I LOVE YOU DAD!! And you'll pull through this, and we'll be right beside you all the way!!!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment